We are living in a digital world where almost every information, every product or service is available at our fingertips. Online shopping, online transactions, bill payments, direct interactions with representatives of the enterprise on the websites, etc. have become a part of our life.
Businesses that keep up and adopt the latest trends have a greater chance of surviving in this market. Creating a presence on social media, building a customer base on various platforms, connecting and communicating with them using more than one channel, etc. will help the enterprise increase their ROI and improve profits.
As much as managing pages and profiles on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram is important, using WhatsApp to connect with customers and the target audience is also important. WhatsApp is a free messaging app that allows users to send and receive messages in text, audio and video files, and documents. Users can make voice and video calls using the app for free. An internet connection is the only prerequisite to use the app on a smartphone.
It comes as no surprise that WhatsApp has more than 1.5 billion users around the world. It is also one of the most favorite apps used in the market. On average, users check their WhatsApp more than 20 times a day. The response rate the highest when compared to other digital platforms. Around 95% of the messages sent on WhatsApp are read by the users.
More than 50% of the audience has said that they would prefer to buy a product from a business they can directly interact with. More and more users are now choosing to communicate with businesses using messaging apps such as WhatsApp.
Using WhatsApp for business purposes would require some research on the part of the enterprise. Understanding the difference in methods of marketing the brand, knowing the age group and product preferences of the target audience, devising an innovative marketing strategy, using the available features of the app to attract users’ attention, and balancing between promoting the brand and catering to customer’s requirements play a major role in deciding the performance of sales.
To run a WhatsApp marketing campaign, enterprises must first download WhatsApp Business on their mobile phone using a valid phone number. The app can be used on smartphones with iOS, Android, and Windows OS, desktop or laptop, and can be integrated with the database of an enterprise using WhatsApp API.
Many companies provide WhatsApp gateway service to connect the app to the systems of the enterprise. Mostly used by large scale business enterprises, this helps the support staff to access the app from multiple computer systems simultaneously. Integrating marketing tools, sending and receiving messages, creating chatbots to send automated messages and standard replies, using the cloud platform to stay in touch with users, scheduling the bulk messages, etc. are some of the advantages of using the gateway service.
Small and medium businesses can continue to use the app via mobile phone or web application. WhatsApp offers enterprises to verify their business accounts, though the app can still be used without verification. The users will get an automatic update on the private chat (when the user and enterprise interact for the first time) if the enterprise is using WhatsApp Business and if the account has been verified or not.
One to One Chat
- This is one of the best ways to interact with users on a personal level. Messages can be sent to contacts who are listed in the phonebook of the enterprise.
- If the number of the enterprise is stored with the customers, they can send messages to the enterprises and initiate a conversation.
- Enterprises have to make sure that they do not disturb customers at odd times and do not bombard them with numerous messages.
- Getting blocked by customers for spamming is the worst possible scenario for business enterprises.
- Enterprises can send attractive product offers as images, audio notes, videos, or brochures. Voice calls and video calls can be used to talk to customers directly with prior permission.
- WhatsApp Groups
- Enterprises can add a maximum of 256 contacts in each group. With the new feature, admins of the groups can disable comments of the members in the group and allow only the admin posts.
- This will keep the group free of unwanted messages and disturbances that might arise when people have a difference of opinion.
- Posting exclusive deals and discounts on the groups specially created for customers for specific taste will result in increased sales. Studying customer preferences and asking them to join those groups will help in streamlining the marketing strategy of your company.
Read More: HOW TO START A SMALL BUSINESS PODCAST
Do some research and study the successfully implemented WhatsApp marketing strategies by famous brands to understand how to target, engage, and convert the audience into customers.