Women have taken over in all walks of life. Women power cannot be appreciated more. The hard work and determination by which they work is clearly seen by the positions they occupy in the various companies and walks of life. Every organization has large number of women working under them. The women force is the pride of a company. Unlike, the early times where women were considered inferior to men, time today has changed. Women and men are all on the equal footing and have been racing against each other to get the best positions in the world. There are a few women who have inspired so many people in the world and are truly a business icon.
Let us talk about the women in technology who have been a true inspiration for the students pursuing their career in technology-
- Sheryl Sandberg – COO, Facebook- Considered as the first woman to serve the board and directors of the company Facebook. Reaching this position is never easy. She is also the author of the very famous book Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead, She inspires a lot of girls to work hard to get to such a position. She owns a net worth of $1 billion in the present time.
- Susan Wojcicki – CEO of YouTube– It is never easy to become a CEO of such a company. Rich in her knowledge, she has been working with google for a long while now and has been a part of YouTube since the year 2006. Susan Wojcicki is also an inspiration for the people.
- Ginni Rometty – CEO, IBM– She is the first woman to reach this position of the company. She has been working for IBM at the post for about a decade now and is one of the leading business women in the country.
- Meg Whitman – CEO, Hewlett-Packard- In the initials 1980s, she was once the vice president of Walt Disney company. She worked for numerous companies before finally settling down for HP in the year 2014. She is a true inspiration who proves the quote “hard work truly pays”. The lady is a woman of both wit and experience.
- Marissa Mayer – CEO, Yahoo– She has been the CEO of the yahoo company from the year 2012. It is a delight for the company to have her. She started of her career with google and has worked as a spokesperson and executive in the company.
- Safra Catz – Co-CEO, Oracle– She has been connected with the company since 1999, and has also been a part of it serving as the CFO, board of directors and finding herself as the CEO since 2008. She inspires the world and is listed as the top tech women in the world.
- Angela Ahrendts – SVP, Retail, Apple– The lady has served in Burberry for the year 2006 to 2014. She then joined apple to become the SVP and was the highest paid executive of apple. The lady has high value and is one of the top-rated tech women in the world.
- Ursula Burns – Chair-CEO, Xerox– The person took almost three decades to land into this position. She had started as an intern and an epitome of hardwork, this lady has slowly climbed the stairs reaching the topmost position.
- Ruth Porat – CFO, Google– She joined google in year 2015 and has been a part of it since then. Forbes has named her in the list of top women in the world.
- Renee James – President, Intel– Working for intel for over 25 years now, the lady has finally claimed the post of president. She is one of the highest rated women in Silicon Valley.